At Total Veterinary Care,® we are about one thing: ensuring the health and well-being of your best friend. We understand the joy, comfort and companionship your pets bring to you and your family, and we take the responsibility of caring for your best friends very seriously.
CURRENT OPENINGS FOR ASSOCIATE VETERINARIANS
We are currently seeking additional Associate Veterinarians to join our hospital teams in the following locations:
New graduates and experienced doctors are encouraged to send a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com.
CLINICAL EXTERNSHIPS for VETERINARY STUDENTS NOW AVAILABLE
We are now accepting applicants for clinical externships for our hospitals in Grove City, OH (outside of Columbus) and Buford, GA (in the greater Atlanta area).
CLICK HERE for details about existing externships.
Coming in 2021: Externship opportunities in Cicero, NY (outside of Syracuse) and Kennesaw, GA (outside of Atlanta). Details will be posted to this page when available. Interested students can also contact Dr. Kate Meads (firstname.lastname@example.org) for updates and information.
Below are the different positions (with brief job descriptions) found at each of our hospitals.
Associate Veterinarian (DVM)
- Associate Veterinarians provide top quality medical care to every patient whether they’re in the reception area, exam room, treatment room, or surgery suite. They educate clients and help them make the best choices for their family. They also add to the team’s unity and development through patient training and constant learning.
- Top three skills: Client communication, ethical medical care, and motivation.
- Common paths for growth: Lead associate veterinarian, Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff Veterinarian (DVM)
- The Chief of Staff practices high quality, ethical medicine and client care, while overseeing the daily operations of their hospital. They provide excellent mentorship to their team and support to their associate doctors. They encourage hospital growth by creating positive community relationships and collaborating with the Chief Medical Officer.
- Top three skills: Communication, efficiency, and initiative.
- Common paths for growth: Administrative support team
Medical Support Team
Practice Managers bridge the worlds of veterinary medicine and business operations. They lead, train, and support their teams by example and initiate opportunities for growth. They work closely with their Chief of Staff and the hospital support team to assist with strategy, accounting, compliance, personnel, and marketing efforts.
- Top three skills: Organization, assertiveness, and interpersonal skills.
- Common paths for growth: Hospital Support Team
Veterinary Technician (RVT/LVT)
Technicians provide excellent patient care from the moment guests enter our hospital to the day after to check in on them. Our technicians are team leaders, inventory organizers, compliance leaders, safety patrol, and client care experts. They educate their team on the latest local technician and medical laws and help implement them. Technicians assist Veterinarians in all of their work, including surgery, radiology, blood work, pharmacy, and preventative care.
- Top three skills: Knowledge, skill, and reliability.
- Common paths for growth: Practice Manager, Inventory Leader, Veterinarian, Specialist
Veterinary Assistants provide professional, skilled support and care to every patient. They assist the technicians and veterinarians by holding patients, prepping tools, patients and spaces for appointments and surgery, completing lab tests and pharmacy orders (local laws apply).
- Top three skills: Awareness, efficiency, and client care.
- Common paths for growth: Veterinary Technician, Veterinarian
Client Care Specialist Manager (CCS Manager)
CCS Managers excel in the role of a CCS, leading their team by example. Additionally, they assist in training new hires in the CCS role and stand in for the Practice Manager during their time off. CCS Managers uphold our core values and put the clients first.
- Top three skills: Communication, leadership, and prioritization.
- Common paths for growth: Practice Manager, Hospital Support Team
Client Care Specialist (CCS)
CCSs connect with our clients first and last during their visit or phone call, putting them in a position to enrich each client's impression and experience of our hospital. CCSs keep our clients informed and scheduled for their next appointments. They maintain a happy, professional atmosphere through organization, clear communication, and their demeanor.
- Top three skills: Communication, emotional intelligence, and prioritization.
- Common paths for growth: Client Care Specialist Manager, Practice Manager, Training Lead, Hospital Support Team
Hospital Assistants are the ultimate team player: the finder of undone tasks, the step in for Veterinary Assistants and Client Care Specialists in need, and the lead facilities cleaner. They are observant and constantly learning.
- Top three skills: Awareness, efficiency, and initiative.
- Common paths for growth: Veterinary Assistant, Client Care Specialist
If you are interested in volunteering or interning with us, please send the following to email@example.com with “Volunteer/Intern” in the subject line:
- Your resume
- School requirements
- Hospital location where you would like to work